Jul 22, 2018 - 11:21 PM
Please have a HAM Process governance document or procedures related with your company policies, Work instructions, USer Guide
For reports we can staert with a Basic reports at initial stage.
Hardware Assets In-scope (Laptop, Desktops, Servers, Mobile devices, Servers, Workstations etc) as per your Business requiement
Hardware Assets In-scope Location (whether are you going to implement across global locations or any specific locations)
1) asset type wise : Laptops, Desktops , workstations etc
2) Overall Asset status wise report (In-Use, In-Stock, Awaiting for Disposal, Disposed , Awaiting for Maintenance, Reserved) etc
3) Location wise In-Stock report, Location wise In-Use report
4) Asset Shipment reports (New assets received)
5) Hardware Discovery report (Based on Discovery tool which you are using or implementing) SCCM, Servicenow Discovery,
6) Assets not Discovered or scanned by Discovey agent
7) Asset User allocation report or User assigned report
8) Manufacturer/ Model wise Asset report
Related to Financial information
1) Asset wise Department/ Cost center
2) Leased Assets (if you have any Leased assets in your company , its very important to track and update the Lease informaiton)
3) Fixed Assets
Still more we can drill down based on your company's or Business functional requirements
Jul 27, 2018 - 02:16 AM
With regards to reports, the key is to take Ulganathan's list and use that as a start for defining exception reports. These are where you compare two datasets which have data in common. Then you compare the two datasets for discrepancies - differences between them that should not exist. Then you start investigating why the discrepancy occured, which allows you to begin to understand where your processes can be improved to ensure the discrepancies do not occur.
An example is to compare your SAM discovery data against your AD Data against your anti-virus (AV) data to identify machines which do not have discovery and / or AV agents installed. Missing agents are probably a result of poor build practice, which you can work with the IT operations teams to improve. They may also be a result of firewalls blocking your GPO in part of your business, or it may be that a few agents just need to be repaired.... it's the differences between the reports which help you understand where the problems lie.