As of Monday this week the following message appeared on MSfBAuto-claim allows employees to get their HUP benefits without an email invitation. Employees can access HUP benefits at http://www.microsoft.com/home-use-pro... . There might be a delay in updating the used license count, and we will send you an email notification if your used license count nears the limit. When auto-claim is off, select Invite employees to send invitations for employees to get their HUP benefits.
I no longer need to invite users and (so far) it seems to be working if users follow the steps outlined below:
- Go to http://www.microsoft.com/home-use-program
- Login to your Microsoft Account from the icon in the top right hand corner. If you don’t have a Microsoft account you will need to create one. Note: This should be with a personal email address, e.g. a Hotmail address.
- Once logged in enter your corprate email address into the “work address” box on the screen and click Get Started.
- Leave your browser window open and wait for the invitation email from Microsoft.
- When you receive the email click on “Login to Start Saving”
- This will open a new browser window or tab but you should still be logged into your Microsoft account.
- Scroll down past all the advertisements for Office 365 and you should see the link to purchase Office 2019 toward the bottom.
- Click on this link and a buy now page should open.